Thank you to Haley at Beautifully Books for nominating me for this! I’m excited! It’s a change of pace on my blog and a nice thing to be a part of. So let’s get going!
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions they gave you.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs. (I’ve seen people list different amounts in different posts, which is the interesting thing about the evolution of tags, but.)
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
1. How long have you been blogging?
I used to blog when I was younger but I took a break for years. I’ve only been blogging on this blog for a couple months, really, but so far I’ve been loving it! I’m still new and feel like I don’t know many people but this community has been wonderful has been wonderful.
2. If you could only read three books for the rest of your life, what would they be?
Oh my GOSH that’s a tough one. I guess three of my favourites are The Great Gatsby, A Study In Scarlet, and The Hunchback of Notre-Dame but honestly I don’t know. That’s my best guess.
3. Do you prefer paperback or ebooks? Why?
A lot of people ask like this answer is treason for some reason, but I have to say ebooks. My Kindle is a great space saver, ebooks save me a lot of money (which, trust me, helps a lot!) and they also really help out authors. There’s something really nice about holding a paperback, but ebooks have helped me out so much that I just have to be grateful.
4. What are your top three favourite genres for books?
Young adult, fantasy, and science fiction. And books that combine them have got me. My top three books from above aren’t actually from those genres though, which is weird. I love it.
5. What is your favourite book to movie adaptation? Least favourite?
Another tough one. Um … I have to say that Disney’s Hunchback is wonderful (especially Frollo’s song, I love that oh my GOD) and I was …. not a fan of The Great Gatsby featuring dear Leo, I’m sorry. I can’t tell if that movie consciously chose to ignore so many of the subtleties of the book, but? Oh gosh it bugged me.
6. If you could enter ANY fictional world, which would it be?
The Star Trek ‘verse. Seems pretty chill there, despite all it’s trouble. At least for the humans, anyway. Society’s about self betterment and pursuing what you love and will improve you and I love that.
7. If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
Shape shifting, because I’m the worst. Not that I’ve got an Arya Stark style vengeance streak, but I am a little shit. So there’s that.
8. What fictional character would you spend the day with if you could?
Oh there are a LOT, but having coffee with Hermione Granger would be awesome, right? I mean most of the time my favourite characters are pretty murderous. Hermione could be, but I like to think we’d get on.
9. Do you like to go out of your comfort zone with genres?
On occasion. I’ll give anything a try, but usually at recommendation or request. I tend to seek out my preferred genres, I will admit that.
10. What’s your favourite movie/TV show/book at the moment?
GAME. OF. THRONES. *flies away on a dragon*
11. Which of your all time favourite books do you recommend for your followers and fellow book bloggers to check out?
The three I mentioned in the earlier questions for sure, but please read the work of Chele Cooke. Doooo it.
Thanks for reading! Remember to check out my social links in the sidebar.
- Shannon from Little SeaBear
- Rebecca from Writing the World Around
- Lauren from The Bookish Fairy
- Mars from lollipopsbooks
- Sarah from The Critiquing Chemist
- What was the last book that you couldn’t finish?
- What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you hear “vampire story”?
- Do you remember the book/series that gave you a love of reading? What was it?
- What are your three “desert island books”?
- How do you feel about love triangles? How about in stories that aren’t primarily of the romance genre?
- What would you say is your favourite genre? Least favourite?
- Do you make a point of reading the book before seeing the movie?
- Paperbacks or ebooks?
- If you had to go out for coffee with the protagonist of the last book you read, who would you be going for coffee with? How do you think it would go?
- If you HAD to swap lives with a fictional fictional character, which one would you choose?
- Recommend some books to the people reading this!! Do it!